- Niti Bagh Colony,Patel Nagar,P.O Agrico Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831009, India
- (0657) 2346924, 2421744
- Centrally Located
- Experienced trained and dedicated staff
- Equal stress on proficiency in both language, Hindi and English & encouragement for the study of Sanskrit.
- Hobbies and co-curricular Activities for all round development of chils ie., Painting, Photography, Gardening, Clay Modeling, Sports and Athletics, Yoga, Public Speaking, Drama, Debates, Wall-magazine, Educational Tours, Social Services Activities and Computer Courses.
- Close relation between parents & Teachers.
- Inculcates in the young minds fundamental values of truthfulness, fearlessness & tolerance.
D.A.V. Public School is an English medium school. The aim of the school is the same as that of the other institutes of learning. The school admits boys and girls from age group of 21/2 year and above. It has a Nursery section, well equipped with modern Montessori equipments. The school is staffed with highly qualified trained teachers.
10% seats will be reserved (I) for ST/SC children, (II) for children belonging to B.P.L. (below poverty line) category.
The School is owned and run by a registered society which also constitutes the governing body of the school. The responsibility for the day to day running of the school is vested in the principal, appointment by the governing Body.
D.A.V. receives no Government or private aid and fees are the only income. Hence fees have to be adjusted from time to time to keep up with rising costs and salaries of the staff.
The school is affiliated to the council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, and prepares both boys and girls for the ICSE and ISC examination conducted by the same council. The medium of instruction is English, the international language of today. However Hindi, the national language has a vital role in the school curriculum and is taught daily in all classes. The intellectual education in D.A.V. is liberal, and universal, but at the same time it is Indian and firmly rooted in Indian History and tradition, and according to the suggestion made by the Indian Education Commission.
The academic session of the school is from March to February Major holidays are in may (about five weeks) and December (about two weeks).
The Parents of D.A.V. students have entrusted the school with bringing to maturity the seed of manhood that has been so carefully sown at home. The should therefore, co-operate with the school by their total involvement which calls for a real understanding of the school's philosophy. It means keeping the principal and the teachers concerned informed of any special problem, family circumstances or other pertinent facts that are necessary for a proper understanding and guidance of their wards. Total involvement means participating in the growth and development of D.A.V.